Wednesday, February 25, 2009

News - Good & Bad; February 20, 2008

Well I'll start off with the bad news first.  It's not necessarily bad news, but it's a pain.  I've decided to take down all my family tree data off my website today.  I've come across people stealing my hard-worked information from Germany and Hungary.  It has taken me too many hours, days, months and years to work for and search for all this information, for it to easily be taken by someone else and me not credited for any of my hard work.  It is because of this that I have taken down all my information, until further notice.

Now for the good news!  I received a call on Sunday from a cousin named Pat Armstrong.  Her mother was Elizabeth Gombash, daughter of Alex and Eszter (Tóth) Gombash.  She shared with me a few short stories about a few people in the family, and also told me that she has many many pictures!  She has all the pictures from three seperate Aunts.. Aunt Esther, Elizabeth (her mother) and Julia.. all daughter of Alex and Eszter.  She told me she had pictures going back to Hungary, that were so old she didn't even know who they were.  There are some with writing and dates in Hungarian also.

I called her again the next day, Monday, and asked her about something I've been searching for, for nearly 8 years now.  I asked her about the family legend of a King or a Prince in the family.  She said it was true.. and it was two Kings!  She also went on to tell me that she received from Aunt Esther, 5 pages worth of information brought over from Hungary.  These 5 pages contain descendancy information from the King to our ancestors that immigrated to the USA.  It has wives, siblings, children.. everything!  I asked her for copies of the information and she will hopefully be sending it out soon!  I will definitely be posting the information when I get it!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nick! I am very interested in this King-story! :) "King Matis" you mentioned could be only "Mátyás király", but he had only one son, but not from a gypsy :))

    Viki Varga

    ReplyDelete