Saturday, April 23, 2011

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Your Genea-Wish List

1)  Think of the genealogy related wishes you have - what education, database, or information would make your genealogy research dreams come true?  Be specific - as many wishes as you want to list!

2)  Tell us about some of your genea-wishes in your own blog post, in a comment to this blog post, or in a status or comment on Facebook.



Here's mine:

1)  I wish (a VERY large wish) that all land deeds from all of the United States were digitized and put online. I'd have no problem browsing through the images, if there were digitized index books A-Z. I enjoy browsing through the images.



2)  I wish that all the Hungarian parish registers were digitized and available online. Again, no indexes needed.


3)  I wish that the records for my German ancestors from Brandenburg and Pommern were readily available.. even on microfilm.


4)  I wish that the records for my Polish ancestors from Barycz (Brzozów County) and Osobnica (Jasło County) were readily available.. even on microfilm.


5)  I wish I could find some kind of clue on my 3rd-great-grandmother, Martha A. Miller, the first wife and mother of the children to James A. J. Costilow.


6)  I wish I could break down the brick-wall for my 5th-great-grandfather, Hiram Howell. He was murdered in Tippah County, Mississippi in 1853. Unfortunately, there was a court house fire and not much exists from that time period that is of use.


7)  I wish I knew the maiden name of Hiram Howell's wife, Rachel.


8)  I wish I could find the baptism record for my 3rd-great-grandfather of Martin Domagalski.


9) I wish I could find the original patent of nobility for each of my noble families.


10)  Finally, I wish all Hungarian land records/deeds of any kind could be digitized and available online. Like above, no index needed as long as they're organized by towns. This is a BIG wish!!

1 comment:

  1. I have family in Tippah county, MS as well. We need to compare surnames sometimes.

    Tina

    ReplyDelete